Peoria, Ill., April 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) —
A multinational video game design company has taken note of Bradley University’s nationally recognized Department of Interactive Media and is expanding its exclusive internship program for Bradley students.
Deep Silver Volition and Bradley began a partnership in 2019 designed to give students real-world experience in the game design industry. The internship program started with five students each year, and this year it has grown to 10. Eight students will be hired as interns and two as temporary employees this summer.
Game design instructor David Abzug said he often hears Bradley students being highly skilled and standing out in ways others don’t. “Our students wow their internship supervisors every year, and I think that’s because Bradley’s game design program is designed with an industry perspective,” he said. “Some of our instructors have spent a lot of time in the gaming industry. Bradley students have a great understanding of what the industry is in real life and where it is going. , our students are prepared for real-world experiences.”
The students who secured the summer 2022 internships come from various programs on campus and are at different levels of their education. Among them are two master’s candidates, four seniors, three juniors and a sophomore. Students study art, design, programming, computer animation, and user experience (UX).
The Interactive Media department also continues to expand its classroom offerings. The newest program is a Master of Science in Game Design and Development. This one-year program is a collaboration between the Interactive Media and Computer Science departments. Students receive an intense, real-world development experience that culminates in the publication of their game. Each student cohort is made up of a multidisciplinary game team, with students playing the roles of artists, programmers, designers, user experience developers, etc. The program simulates an industry experience and helps students hone their game development skills.
Departmental awards and honours.
- For the 8th consecutive year, Bradley University is ranked among the top 20 undergraduate game design programs in the world and #1 in Illinois, according to Princeton Review’s 13th Annual (2022) Ranking of Best Schools for study game design.
- Animation Career Review’s 2021 ranking places Bradley’s program in the top 15 in the Midwest and in the top 20 nationally among schools offering a bachelor’s degree in game design.
- The 2022 Game Design School rankings once again place Bradley among the best: 10th in the Midwest, 3rd in Illinois, and 18th nationally among schools offering a Bachelor of Arts related to game design and 13th nationally among schools offering a bachelor’s degree related to game design. of the Fine Arts degree.
- Instructor Tim Hutchings wins award for his solo role-playing book ‘Thousand Year Old Vampire’.
- 97% of graduates in 2021 have found full-time employment or are enrolled in a doctoral school
Bradley’s Interactive Media Department also has partnerships with several other companies across the country, including UXisFine, Everi, OSF Jump Simulation Center, and Rockstar New England, Inc.
INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITY: David Abzug is available to speak with the media about the internship opportunity and the expansion of programs in the department. Please contact us to schedule an interview.